The Arab bath or hammam has its origins in Greek and Roman baths Arab conquerors found in Syria.
Arabs adapted and endowed with religious significance the bath and was often found as an annex to the mosque to accomplish the Islamic laws of hygiene and purification.
While Roman baths were huge buildings, Arabs preferred having small baths in many parts of the city. In both cases they also become places of socialization.
Granada has rescued the tradition of the hammam as a meeting and relaxation place. The environment, smells, tastes and the staff of these baths conform an experience that takes you to other time and makes your visit to the city unforgettable.
One of these establishments is the Aljibe de San Miguel where you can enjoy an authentic hammam in Granada.
Relax your senses through the water, massage and natural essential oils in a hamman in Granada.
Sessions at: 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 18:00, 20:00 and 22:00
· Bath (without massage) 23 €
· Bath (with massage, exfoliation or chocolate): From 32 €
· Towel service, lockers, tea and candies included in the price.
One and a half hour, including time for changing clothes, massage and other services if hired.
By credit card.
Service offered by
Aljibe de San Miguel S. L.
· Hammam consists of baths alternating hot and cold water at different temperatures in an atmosphere of moist heat.
· There is a room to sit and rest, drink tea and have some candies.
· Special services: massages (legs, special for athletes and skiers, chocolate massage), body exfoliation (with tropical ingredients like coconut or Mediterranean ingredients based on olive oil.